Here is a listing and description of some of the special February events taking place in Lancaster County:
Minuet Dance Concert and Tea - Participate in 18th Century music and dances including minuets and English country dances. Celebrate Presidents' Weekend by learning and enjoying some of the very same dance steps performed by accomplished amateur dancer and former president George Washington at local assemblies and balls. There will also be a romantic candlelight tea sitting before the performance.
- Location: Churchtown Inn Bed and Breakfast, 2100 Main Street, Churchtown, PA 17555
- Phone: 800-637-4446
- Date: February 16, 2007 through February 18, 2007
- Admission: $60 per couple
A Taste of the River Towns - A great variety of antiques, and collectibles will be available for you to browse through and purchase. Meanwhile, the restaurants at Columbia’s Historic Market House will be offering delicious samplings of local food for you to taste.
- Location: Columbia Market, 308 Locust Street, Columbia, PA 17512
- Phone: 717-684-5767
- Date: February 24, 2007
- Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Admission: Free to attend. However, a donation of a non-perishable food item would be appreciated and will be donated to local food banks.
Chinese New Year celebration - Celebrate the Year of the Pig. Welcome in the Chinese New Year which actually begins on February 18th with plenty of food, dancing and stories. This is a fun event for the entire family.
- Location: Elizabethtown Public Library, 10 South Market Street, 2nd Floor, Youth Services, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
- Phone: 717-367-7467
- Date: February 15, 2007
- Time: 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Admission: Free However, since space is limited, please telephone to register.
Introduction to Oriental Rugs Seminar - Discover the rich history and the art behind the creation of Oriental rugs. Learn how the beautifully complex rugs are made, from dyeing the wool to tying the fringes.
- Location: Ten Thousand Villages Store, Restaurant & Oriental Rugs, 240 North Reading Road, Route 272 North, Ephrata, PA 17522
- Phone: 717-721-8400
- Date: February 2, 2007
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Admission: Free
Rawlinsville Farm Equipment & Antique Mud Sale - Unless you are looking for farm equipment or are a farm enthusiast, this two-day event which specializes in outdoor equipment may not appeal to you. However, if you are interested in local community events, you will find plenty to enjoy here. Also, there will be antiques on hand that might be of interest. On Friday, February 23, 2007, new and used farm equipment will be on sale. On Saturday, February 24, 2007, the focus will be various antiques, antique tractors and engines
Friendship Benefit Art Auction
- Location: Rawlinsville Fire Company, 33 Martic Heights Drive, Holtwood, PA 17532
- Phone: 717-284-3943
- Date: February 23, 2007 and February 24, 2007
- Time: Beginning at 8:30 AM
- Admission: Free to attend
- From 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM, there will be a reception and a silent auction. This will be followed by a live auction beginning at 8:00 p.m. There will be live music as well as refreshments available as you enjoy the many art displays.
- Location: Mulberry Art Studio, 21 N. Mulberry St., Lancaster, PA 17603
- Phone: 717-656-2466 ( ext.112 )
- Date: February 9, 2007
- Time: Beginning at 6:00 PM
- Admission: Tickets are $10 if purchased in advance; $15 if purchased on the day of the event at the door.
In the making: Fastnachts Day - Learn the Pennsylvania Dutch traditions behind the fastnacht. This local specialty, which loosely resembles a kind of a deep-fried doughnut, has a historical connection to the 40 days of fasting for Lent. You will get to sample this tasty local favorite served before Ash Wednesday.
Fire & Ice Festival
- Location: Landis Valley Museum, 2451 Kissel Hill Road, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Phone: 717-569-0401
- Date: February 20, 2007
- Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Admission: $9.00 for Adults; $7.00 for Senior Adults; $6.00 for Youths, ages 6 to 17; and Free for Young Children, ages 5 and under.
- At the annual Fire & Ice Festival in Lititz, the “ice” is in ice sculptures in downtown Lititz, and the “fire” is in a chili cook-off on Saturday. Your entire family will also enjoy a Friday night block party, on-site ice carvings, an art show and auction, fire eating, magicians, jugglers, clowns, an igloo/fort contest and more. There will be activities for the whole family on all four days.
A Moveable Feast: From the Farm to the Table by Train
- Location: All throughout the town, Lititz, PA 17543
- Phone: 717-625-2425
- Date: February 15, 2007 to February 18, 2007
- Time: There be sights to see and activities to do throughout the day
- Admission: Free
- Over the last two centuries, America’s trains have transported food and food products across the continent, helping to feed millions of people. Through the use of photographs and artifacts, this exhibit chronicles how railroads delivered food from the farm to the table; how railroads –through advancements in technology –revolutionized both what we ate and the way in which we ate; and, how the culinary experience of railroad dining and café cars became a staple of passenger train service.
- Location: Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, 300 Gap Road, Strasburg, PA 17579
- Phone: 717-687-8628
- Date: January 2, 2007 through April 15, 2007
- Time: Tuesdays through Saturdays: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Sundays: Noon to 5:00 PM. Note: The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is closed on Mondays from November 1st to April 1st. It is open on Mondays from April 2nd through October 31st.
- Admission: This special event is included in regular museum admission: $7.00 for Adults, ages 18 to 59; $6.00 for Senior Adults, ages 60 and over; $5.00 for Youths, ages 6 to 17; and, Free for Young Children, ages 5 and under.
To find out what special events and activities are taking place during the rest of the year, please click on any of the following links:
Return From February Events to Calendar of Events