Marietta Bed and Breakfasts
Staying at one of the Marietta Bed and Breakfasts is a perfect way to discover this historic town as well as the other "River Towns" of Eastern Lancaster County.
In the nineteenth century,
was a very prosperous town due to it's flourishing trade along the Susquehanna River as well as from the commerce generated by the Pennsylvania Railroad.
Today it is an extremely appealing town to explore with its charming architecture, numerous shops, and surprisingly fine dining.
Today, 45% of the town is declared a National Historic District. A great number of grand homes from the past have been restored into very charming Marietta Bed and Breakfasts.
If you enjoy recreational activities, staying at one of these Marietta Bed and Breakfasts is a good choice. The town's proximity to the Susquehanna River is convenient for hiking and fishing excursions.
B.F. Hiestand House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
722 E. Market Street, Marietta, PA 17547
Phone: (717) 426-8415 or (877) 560-8415
This Marietta Bed and Breakfast was designed by local architect C. Emlen Urban, and built in 1887 as the family home of B. Frank Hiestand, a well-known lumber mill owner of his time. Three generations of Hiestand's lived in this home for over a period of 102 years. Currently, the house is on the Historic Registry of homes.
Choose among the following guest rooms:
- The Vanderslice Suite - This rooms comes with a King-size bed, private bath with whirlpool tub / shower, and a sitting room
- The Susquehanna Room - There is a Queen-size bed, and a private bath with original antique clawfoot tub with European hand held shower.
- The Victoria Room - Room has a Queen-size bed, and a private bath with single whirlpool tub /shower combination.
- The Sun Porch Room - This rooms has a Queen-size bed, private porch, and a private bath with a six foot whirlpool tub /shower combo, cable TV and DVD/VHS player, private porch.
- The Blakemore Room - In this guest room there are two double beds, and a private bath with single whirlpool tub/shower combination.
All the rooms come with Cable TV with a DVD/VHS player.
Breakfast varies but normally includes chilled juices, fresh fruit, breakfast meats, eggs, homemade breads and muffins as well as coffee, tea and milk. Sometimes this Marietta Bed and Breakfast serves banana stuffed French toast.
Pets are welcome but there will an additional charge. Smoking is not permitted inside the facility.
Noble House Bed and Breakfast
113 West market Street
Originally built in 1810, this Marietta Bed and Breakfast is an restored, Federal style brick home with 12-foot ceilings. It is tastefully decorated with family heirlooms and art owned by the current proprietors, Elissa and Paul Noble.
The lodging has two guest rooms on the second floor with Queen- or King-sized beds which can be converted into two twin beds. Both rooms have a private bath and one has a gas fireplace.
A candlelight breakfast is served in an elegant dining room.
Children are welcome by special arrangement.
Railroad House Bed and Breakfast
West Front & South Perry Streets, Marietta, PA 17547
This is one of the most interesting of the Marietta Bed and Breakfasts. Built in the early 1820's, the lodging was designed to accommodate the nearby river and canal traffic. The B & B has survived brawls from wild rivermen, the Depression, as well as the major flood of 1972.
Today, this historic Bed and Breakfast has been tastefully restored with 12 comfortable guest rooms decorated in a Victorian style. There is nice flower and herb garden as well.
All the rooms have a private bath. One of the rooms, The Summer Kitchen and Breakfast Room has its own kitchenette, loft, and sitting area as well as a separate entrance off the patio.
All guests are treated to a hearty full breakfast
The River Inn Bed & Breakfast
258 West Front Street, Marietta, PA 17547
Phone: (717) 426-2290
Originally built in 1790, this Marietta Bed and Breakfast is located in the historic district of the town. Antique furnishings and reproduction create a nice atmosphere.
There are three guest rooms and each has Queen-sized beds and private baths. One of the rooms also an additional single bed.one of the rooms has a working fireplace.
The owners, Joyce and Bob Heiserman, are more than happy to tell you some interesting stories about the past and present of Marietta. For the outdoor enthusiast, Bob Heiserman can arrange to take you out on a fishing expedition in the nearby Susquehanna River on his boat. However, be sure to give him advance notice.
A full breakfast is served each morning either in the dining area or on the porch, weather permitting.
Vogt Farm Bed and Breakfast
1225 Colebrook Road, Marietta, PA 17547
Phone: (717)653-4810 or 800-854-0399
Built by Mennonites in the 1880's, the Vogt Farm offers a casual comfortable country experience.
You will see cows with calves at their sides grazing in the meadow, along with Herbie, the Vogt's bull. A small farm pond is home to ducks that come and go.
The guest rooms and suites available for your Marietta lodging are:
The Barbara and Samuel Suite - This suite has an English cottage theme. The main bedroom has a small fireplace with a Queen-size sleigh bed. The adjoining room has a single daybed and trundle. There is also a private bath.
- The Gramma and Grampa Brubaker Room - This luxury room offers a fireplace, a two-person soaking tub and a Queen-size bed done in cream-colored wicker. There is also a full-size sofa. There is even a picket fence in the bath room!
- Cousin Edith's Room - This cozy room has a four-poster Queen-size bed. French-style art on the walls that provide a warm atmosphere. There is also a large private detached bath with a French country garden theme which includes a large soaking tub.
- The Witmer Room - This room has an Amish Garden theme. There is a Queen-size metal bed with a lovely quilted wall-hanging above it. This room is located in a very private part of the house. The private bath with its loarge soaking tub overlooks the meadow where the cows and Herbie the bull roam.
The daily breakfast often includes quiche, cottage potatoes, sticky buns, fresh Peach Cobbler, juice, as well as coffee, tea and milk.
Children over 7 are welcome. Pets are not permitted. Smoking is only allowed on the porch and the outdoor grounds.
Note: If you are interested in lodging on a working farm, please see
Lancaster Farm Accommodations
for some more recommendations.
Waterford House Bed and Breakfast
18 East Front Street, Marietta, PA 17547
Tasteful antiques, quilts and old dolls decorate this charming little Bed and Breakfast.
There are two guest rooms which share a bath. Both rooms have double beds.
Children are welcome and smoking is permitted in specific areas f the house.
A full breakfast is also served, of course, in the handsome dining room.
For information on other recommended Bed and Breakfasts in Lancaster County, please take a look at the following locations:
Return to Lancaster County Bed and Breakfasts From
Marietta Bed and Breakfasts
Return to the Welcome to Lancaster County Home Page From
Marietta Bed and Breakfasts