Lititz Bed and Breakfasts
You can't go wrong by lodging at one of the Lititz Bed and Breakfasts.
The town of
is a charming place to rest and relax after a busy day of sightseeing around Pennsylvania Dutch Country. The town has plenty of attractions and
throughout the year that make the town ideal for the focus of your sightseeing as well as a stopping off point as you visit the other towns of Lancaster County.
In any case, it is very pleasant to walk through as you linger through the many country stores and dine on local cuisine in the town's restaurants.
To make your decision on which of the Lititz Bed and Breakfasts to stay at, here is a brief description of some of the more prominent one that are available.
The Alden House Bed & Breakfast
East Main Street, (Route 772), Lititz, PA 17543
Phone: (800) 584-4808
If you lodge at the Alden House, you will be staying at an 1850 brick, Victorian house located within walking distance of the towns major sights.
There are three regular-sized rooms and three two rooms suites to choose from. Each of the rooms is comfortably furnished with a private bath, a queen-sized bed and a television.
A full breakfast is offered each morning either in the dining room or on the porch.
Children over six years of age are welcome.
The Carter Run Inn
511 East Main Street, Lititz, PA 17543
Phone: (717)626-8807 or (800) 800-2466
Located on 2 1/2 acres of landscaped land with a fishpond and winding stream at the rear of the gardens, the Carter Run Inn reflects a typical Pennsylvania German home in 1865. This is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
You will appreciate the privacy at the relaxing Carter Run Inn. The owners, Millard and Ruth McKennon reside in the home right next to the Inn. They are more than happy to socialize and direct you to local attractions, but they also allow you to move around as you wish.
All the rooms are handsomely furnished with local antiques. You can choose to lodge at:
- Count Zinzendorf Suite - Conveniently located on the first floor, the suite provides a private parlor, bedroom, a private bath with ultra thermo massage, shower, a queen-sized bed, a fireplace,and a private entrance.
- Beck Room - Room contains a private bath with Shower, queen-sized bed and a fireplace.
- Brumbach Room - Room contains a private bath with shower and tub, a queen-sized bed, and a fireplace.
- Garden Room The room contains a private bath with shower, two single beds or a king-sized bed configuration, a fireplace, and a private balcony.
As with all the Lititz Bed and Breakfasts, you will be provided with a hearty breakfast each morning. The continental breakfast includes juice, fresh fruit, waffles, toast, cereal, bagels as well as coffee, tea and milk.
The facility does not permit smoking inside but you can smoke outside and on the porch. Well-behaved children over 12 are welcome. However, pets are not allowed.
Cricket Hollow Bed & Breakfast
240 Evans Road, Lititz, PA 17543
Phone: (717) 626-4083
For something a bit out of the way, Cricket Hollow Bed & Breakfast is a little country cottage close to pond and brook frequented by ducks and geese in the summertime.
This Charming Lititz bed and breakfast only has three rooms but they all have a private bath and a king-sized bed. There is even a downstairs room that has a whirlpool and which opens onto the patio.
Each morning a large full country breakfast awaits you. So, try to awaken with a hearty appetite.
Children are welcome at this little cottage in the woods.
Speedwell Forge Bed & Breakfast
465 Speedwell Forge Rd, Lititz, PA 17521
Phone: (717) 626-1760 or (877) EST-1760
Built in 1760, this Lititz Bed and Breakfast is located on 120 acres, between a lake and a natural park, minutes from the heart of Lititz as well as Ephrata. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Speedwell Forge currently offers three elegant guest rooms as well as two private cottages. All provide private bath, central air, and wireless Internet. Many rooms also include a fireplace and whirlpool tub. Choose among:
- Paymaster's Office - This is a lovely private cottage overlooking the creek. There is a king-size bed, gas fireplace, in-room whirlpool tub, vaulted ceilings, separate bath, and a kitchenette.
- Summer Kitchen Suite - This two-story cottage contains a queen bed and whirlpool tub upstairs. There is a spacious living room and kitchenette downstairs. The living room also converts into two twin beds and includes a gas fireplace. Cable TV with VCR/DVD and a wide selection of movies are available.
- Kathryn's room - This elegant guest room contains a canopy queen-sized bed, a romantic fireplace, and a clawfoot whirlpool tub for two.
- Boys' Room - This guest room is furnished with two beds, a fireplace, a work desk, seating area, and full bath.
- Bill's Room - This guest room has a full-size bed and private bath (shower only). the room includes a secretary work desk, cable TV with DVD player, wireless Internet.
A full three-course breakfast is served daily from 8:00 am until 9:00 am on fine china, under a crystal chandelier.
Cottages are also generously stocked with eggs, pancake mix and syrup, milk and juice.
Children over 10 are welcome. Pets are not allowed. Smoking is not permitted inside any of the premises.
Swiss Woods Bed & Breakfast
500 Blantz Road, Lititz, PA 17543
Phone: (800) 594-8018
This Lititz bed and breakfast is another good choice for those who prefer to lodge amongst the scenic countryside. It is particularly well-suited to those who like to hike and fish since it is so close to the Speedwell Forge Lake.
The Swiss Woods Bed & Breakfast has only been around since 1986 so it is not historical like other Lancaster inns and Bed and Breakfasts. However, the lodging is very charming in that it is patterned after the numerous hillside chalets that are common in Switzerland.
There are seven contemporary guest rooms for you and your family. All the rooms have a private bath as well as either a balcony or patio. Two of the rooms even have a jacuzzi which is great after a long day of hiking. There is also a suite with a private deck available.
During the warm, summer months a full breakfast is served on the patio. During the winter months, you can enjoy your breakfast meal alongside a cozy fireplace. The owners, who are Swiss German, often serve recipes from their native land.
If you are visiting this Lititz Bed and Breakfast during the summer months, you may be required to stay for a minimum of two nights. For some holiday weekends, a three-night stay may be required.
For information on other recommended Bed and Breakfasts in Lancaster County, please take a look at the following locations:
Return to Lanacaster County Bed and Breakfasts From
Lititz Bed and Breakfasts
Return to the Welcome to Lancaster Home Page from
Lititz Bed and Breakfasts